Greystones AC is committed to ensuring that all young people in our club have a safe and positive experience. The club is committed to developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure that everyone knows and accepts their responsibility in relation to a duty of care for young people.
Greystones AC recognises that it is not the responsibility of those individuals working within the club to determine if abuse has taken place, but it is their responsibility to act upon and report any concerns.
The Club and those involved with the club will abide by the following principles and statements:
• All young people within Greystones AC, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability, have the right to be protected.
• All young people participating in sport have a right to do so in a safe environment.
• All adults involved with the club will provide a safe, positive and fun sporting experience for young people.
• All volunteers, coaches and officials will understand and be supported in their role and responsibility with regard to the duty of care for young people.
• All suspicions and allegations will be taken seriously, managed and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.
• The club will assist coaches, volunteers and officials to remain up-to-date with the latest safeguarding and child protection issues.
• The club will appoint one or more Child Welfare Officers whose role is to be responsible for issues concerning child welfare at the club.
• The club will carry out regular risk assessments to ensure the safety of young people and all members of the club.