The club will be registered with Athletics Ireland, Athletics Leinster and Athletics Wicklow as Greystones & District Athletic Club and will hereby be called “Greystones Athletics Club”
2. Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the club will be:
• To promote the club within its local community and Athletics.• To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in Athletics.
• To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club.
• To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
• To ensure that all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
Membership should consist of officers and members of the club.
• All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of conduct, policies and procedures that the club has adopted.
4. Juvenile Membership: Juvenile members of Greystones AC who are eligible to compete at junior and/or senior level shall do so under the category of “junior” and/or “senior” for Sli Cualann AC and not their affiliated club, by agreement of Athletics Ireland. These members however will still remain members of Greystones AC until they are eligible to become members of Sli Cualann AC.
5. Membership fees: Membership fees will be set annually at the Annual General Meeting. Fees will be paid: annually.
6. Officers of the club:
Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-appointment. Sub committees such as Fund-raising, Social etc ??? will also be elected each year.
The club will be managed through the Management Committee consisting of:
The elected members. Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee.The Management Committee will be convened by the secretary of the club and held no less
than 4 times. The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management. The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of conduct and rules that affect the
organisation of the club. The Management Committee will have powers to appoint sub-committees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Management Committee as necessary to fulfil its
The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules/regulations/constitution. The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club.
• The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
• The financial year of the club will end on: 31st December.
• A statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.
• Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of two of the three signatories.
9. Annual general meetings
• Notice of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days’ notice to be given to all members.
• The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the accounts.
• Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
• If no nominations have been submitted, nominations will be taken from the floor.
• Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM.
• All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
• The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGM's will be the same as for the AGM.
10. Discipline and appeals
• All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be submitted in writing to the Secretary.
• The Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within 2 days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action, including the termination of membership.
• The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made, within 5 days of the hearing.
• There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within 5 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
• A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
• In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain will become the property of County Wicklow Athletics Board under the direction of the outgoing management committee.
12. Amendments to the constitution
• The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.