REGISTRATIONS FOR 2017
All club athletes must register for 2017. Registration will take place on Tues 17th Jan from 5-8pm, & Fri 20th Jan from 6-8pm. Registrations can be handed in at check-in before these dates provided they are in an envelope with the athlete’s name on it, but cannot be accepted after these dates, as all available places will have been given to those on our waiting list. Please note that Shoreline Sports Park cannot accept registration forms or payments for Greystones AC.
We have a very dedicated group of coaches & check-in personnel, but as always we still need more if we are to continue facilitating the large number of athletes we have in Greystones AC. If you are in a position to help out with coaching, even occasionally, please let us know, as we are always looking for additional coaches. We will make sure you get training. Recently the check-in has been falling back on to the coaches on a fairly regular basis, so if you can give 20 mins to help with check-in when you are dropping your athletes down, it would be a great help indeed.
CONGRATULATIONS & CELEBRATIONS!
The Wicklow Star Awards will take place in Roundwood Parish Hall on Fri. 13th Jan at 7.30pm. Once again Greystones AC athletes have done really well, taking 3 of the 4 Juvenile awards with Alex Campbell winning the Boys U14-16, Richael Browne winning the Girls U16-19 & Ben Jones winning the Boys U16-19. GAC take both Junior awards, with Ara Freeman winning the girls & James Vance winning the boys. GAC’s Claire Foley & Jamie Cullen receive International Merit Awards for representing the Irish Universities in Scotland.
The Leinster Star Awards will take place in Carlow on Sat. 22nd Jan. and Geystones AC athletes take all 3 awards, with Richael Browne winning the Juvenile Girls, Josh Pyper winning the Juvenile Boys & Aoife Conroy winning the Senior Award.
Congratulations to all of these athletes on their awards. It’s great to see their hard work paying off!
1. Wicklow Masters XC (age 35 & up) will take place in Shanganagh Park on Sun. 8th Jan @ 11am.
2. National Indoor League R1 is on Sat 14th Jan. in Athlone. Open to all athletes from U17 up. If you are interested in being considered for a team or want to guest at this event, please fill in the form on the website. Closing Fri 6th Jan. We won the Ladies League in 2016, so have a title to defend girls! We want a full men’s team also this year lads!
3. Leinster Intermediate & Masters and Juvenile Relays (U12/14/16, 4 x 500m) will take place on Sun. 15th Jan. In Dunboyne. If you are interested in being on a team, please fill in the form which will close on Fri 6th.
4. National Combined events for athletes from U14 upwards will take place in Athlone on Sat. 21st Jan. Form on the website will be closing Wed Jan 11th.
5. The National Intermediate XC & Inter Club Relays ((U12/14, 4 x 500m) will take place in Tuam on Sun. 22nd Jan. Form up & closing Wed 11th Jan.
6. National Indoor League R2 is on Sat 28th Jan. in Athlone. Open to all athletes from U17 up.
7. National Junior/U23’s in Athlone on Sun. 29th Jan.
News of Club AGM, Club Awards night, Attendance Day Trip & Sportshall Competition for our younger members, will all follow shortly